To celebrate 20 years of democracy, the 2014 TCTS SA™ theme is “Democratising Youth Finance”. Volunteers present lessons, for Grades 7 to 9, developed in collaboration with the Department of Basic Education and aligned to the Economic Management Science subject. The core of the TCTS SA™ programme is based around the 10 Key Messages for Cool Savings!
- Don’t blow with the wind … be money-smart!
- BLING can wait!
- Don’t need to want it … Don’t want to need it.
- Are you dom or are you money-wise … do you save?
- Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant” – save and make money work for you.
- Money loves those who treat it well!
- Is money a tool or your master … needs 1st before wants.
- Pay yourself FIRST; saving is just as important as all other expenses.
- If you do not save “uzoyithola kanjani uhleli ekhoneni”.
- Creating Memoirs of a savvy saver
- Children must learn how money operates: Busines Report, 19 March2014 by Fikile Kuhlase